(Click on the links to open the contents)
- Welcome message from the president
- College of Micronesia-FSM Mission Statement
- Campus tour
- Campus Maps – Chuuk campus, Kosrae campus, National Campus, & Technical Education Center (Pohnpei Campus), Yap Campus.
- General Information – This link will lead you to the general information of all the campus of the college, the special programs, accreditation, history, college mission and vision, program and degree offered, available student financial aid, available learning resources and available students support.
- COVID-19 Preventive Measures & Framework – Click on this link to be aware and understand the colleges COVID-19 preventive measures & framework, understand the different conditions of readiness across the FSM and understand the best practices around wearing and cleaning face-masks.
- Instructional Programs – The delivery of education and training programs in line with the economic and social objectives of the FSM is an important part of the mission of the College. The National Campus is primarily responsible for the delivery of associate degree and third-year level certificate of achievement programs. The four State Campuses are primarily responsible for the delivery of programs that address the individual needs of their states. These needs include teacher education, vocational education, and certificate programs aimed to upgrade basic and specific skills, remedial English, and short-term training. The College remains flexible to meet expressed needs.
- Program/Curricular Offerings
- Available Sections – This link directs you to the website where you can check which courses are available for registration. Here’s a quick guide on how to view available sections.
- Schoology – This is where you can access your online courses. How? Click here.
If it is your first time using schoology, you can watch videos on the links below to learn more about it. Navigating your schoology account
Schoology student view
If it is your first time doing online courses, the videos on the links below may help you be successful on your class. (These videos are not from the college but we find it very helpful to share) Study tips to be successful as an online student by Center for Innovation – Leiden University
How to effectively study with online courses – BYU Independent study
- Office of Admission, Records and Retention (OARR) – This link will show you the services and contact information of the office. Please also visit our web page for more information.
- Working hours
- Registration – The college has two ways for you to register for classes. These are the Face-to-face registration and the online registration. The online registration is through the use of the college student portal my Shark.
- Academic Calendar – Please familiarize yourself of the important academic dates for the semester you have registered with.
- Withdrawing from a course – Due to COVID-19 precautionary procedures, an online withdrawal from a course through myShark is being developed. While it is not yet ready, students may follow the procedure on this link on how to withdraw.
- Class Attendance – Regular and prompt class attendance is expected of all students. It shall be the student’s responsibility to inform the instructor(s) of anticipated unavoidable absences and to make up work missed as a result of absences. Mandatory attendance is at the discretion of the instructor provided the conditions for the attendance are included in the course syllabus and communicated to the students on the first day of class. If your class is online, your attendance will be on the completion of tasks assigned and log in through your schoology account.
- Academic Standing – Click on the link to get to know the academic standing policy of the college.
- Graduation Requirements – Link to a summary of the graduation requirements.
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – The College of Micronesia-FSM complies with the 1974 FERPA law. Click on this link to know what are the considered as directory information by the college.
- Learning Resource Center (LRC) – The LRC is a good source of information, books or references you may need for your class. If you cannot visit the place, you might also want to navigate through their webpage which have research tool and references available online.
- Counseling and Tutoring Services – These services are readily available for you. Please take advantage of them to help you succeed in your educational goals. If you could not visit them personally, their contact numbers could be found on the link to their webpage.
- Financial Aid – The Financial Aid Office (FAO) administer all financial aid programs available at the college. Visit their webpage to see the types of financial assistance are available.
- Business Office – The Business Office (BO) handles your student account balance, charges and fees and refunds. If you have a prior balance which restricts you from registering, you might want to visit the business office for a possible option for you to be allowed to register.
- Student Life – Visit the student life center or view their website for other guide and tutorial videos.
- Residence Halls – Check out the most affordable rooms at the college which features having a laundry area, TV lounge, study spaces and public area lounges. Visit their webpage for details.
- Campus Security and Safety – The security and safety officers are here to serve and maintain a safe and peaceful environment for your campus. If you need their assistance, see their contact numbers on their college webpage.
- Sexual Abuse & Awareness (Title IX) – This video is part of the college’s Title IX awareness initiatives.
- Manuals, Publications and Handbooks – Available for you are different manuals and handbooks from the college which might help you on information you need.
- Online Orientation Survey – Please complete this survey to signify that you have gone through the online orientation or self-orientation.
- Kosrae—370-3200 (Hospital 370-3199)
- Pohnpei—320-3109 (Hospital 320-2214)
- Chuuk—330-5442 (Hospital 330-2214; 330-2216; 330-2217)
- Yap—350-4161 (Hospital 350-2110; 350-3446; 350-2114)