Student Support Services
The Department of Student Services’ mission is to support student development by providing learner-centered programs and services that fulfill the diverse educational, recreational, social, and cultural needs of student population and the College’s community.
WELCOME to the College of Micronesia FSM National campus Residence Hall, Home of the Sharks!
To provide a comfortable, safe, well-maintained and enjoyable living environment that fosters respect for self and others and supports the academic and social goals of resident students. It is our aim to accomplish this mission through outstanding customer service and professional facilities management
COM-FSM has two residence halls at the national campus and can accommodate 190 students. Four students share each residence room and are furnished with beds and individual student lockers. All residence halls feature fire alarm and including smoke detectors. In addition, all exit doors have security system featuring door alarms and restricting access to only those residing in the building. All halls are smoke free and include public area lounges, laundry and, TV lounge and quiet study spaces.
- All are within walking distance to classrooms, dining commons, recreational facilities, administrative building etc.
- Rooms are available on a space-available basis to full-time students.
- Students are required to residency and pay a $50.00
- Four students share most of the rooms in order to accommodate all of our incoming students.
- A limited number of single /double rooms are also available.
Amenities in the Residence Hall
- High speed internet access
- Furnished accommodations for both men and women
- Included: bed, desk with Lamp, desk chair, dresser, closet
- Please bring (not included) Linens, Blanket, pillows, towels and bed spreads
- TV Lounge, Study space
- Regular house keeping, Laundry room, Maintenance and emergency Staff.
- Special activities and events for residents.
- Resident Assistant staff
- Computer Lab.
PROHIBITED ITEMS in the Residence hall
(Please see your Residence Hall Contract for official information about placement of items in your room or other expectations related to safety.)
Residence Hall Application forms and needed documents:
- WHAT TO BRING checklist:
- Mattress cover
- Pillow case
- Clothes hangers
- Surge protector
- Things to leave home checklist:
- Hot Plate
- Rice cookers
- Coffee makers
- All other heating and cooking appliances
- Loud stereo speakers
- Pets of any kind
- Flammable/ combustible materials
- Heating lamps
- Weapons/ Firearms including knives and machetes
- Incense burners
- Any other things that produces fire
You are required to sign in to MOVE out. Student may refund the security deposit at the end of the resident’s stay upon written request and assessment.
Below is a checklist of areas expected to be cleaned before you and your roommate check out on or before.
Day of move-out checklist:
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room and place in designated locations; do not leave trash in hallways or other public areas (charges may be added to your account)
- Restore your room to its initial condition at check-in
- Be sure all residence hall furnishings are accounted for and left in the room (this includes: mattress pad, trash can and recycle bin)
- Remove all personal belongings (double check all the drawers)
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, including underneath the beds
- Complete your check out
Be sure to surrender your key during the check out and turn them in at residence hall staff office.
DAMAGES AND CLEANING
If room damage was not noted on your Property and Room Condition Report at the time of your check-in, it is considered your liability, and you will be charged for it, unless you can prove otherwise. Any charges for damage in a common area will be divided equally among all students in the floor, hall, or building. Additional cleaning and damage charges may be assessed after check out.
(Please review the check out procedures carefully and make an effort to talk to your roommate to work out a fair cleaning arrangement.)
MEET THE STAFF
MALE RESIDENCE HALL
- Jake Une
- Rickson Barnabas
- Alson Joseph
- Ricky Domsin
320-2480 EXT. 219
DIRECT LINE: 320-2445
Coordinator, Residence Hall
FEMALE RESIDENCE HALL
- Bencina Amond
- Brittlyn Eliou
- Senry Route
320-2480 EXT. 199
DIRECT LINE: 320-4688