Admission to the College of Micronesia-FSM (COM-FSM) is based primarily upon evidence of the student’s ability to profit from the educational programs of the College. The admissions policy is established by the Board of Regents and administered by the President of the College through the Committee on Recruitment, Admissions, and Retention (RAR). All records submitted by applicants become the property of the College.
Admission is open at the beginning of both the fall and spring semesters.
Applicants who have been notified of admission to the College, and who intend to enroll must do the following:
- Obtain Social Security numbers.
- Sign and return the Letter of Acceptance to COM-FSM Office of Admissions, Records and Retention. If the Letter of Acceptance is not received by the deadline, the College assumes non-acceptance and will give the slot to another applicant.
- If interested in staying in the Residence Halls, complete the Residence Hall Application Form, and return it with a $50.00 refundable security deposit to the address indicated.
- Submit the Student Aid Report (SAR) upon receipt to the COM-FSM Financial Aid Office (FAO).
- Take a physical examination, and return the Health Form to the College as soon as possible.
- If applicable, check with the COM-FSM State Campus Dean for travel arrangements. Complimentary airfare tickets are provided to eligible students from Yap, Chuuk and Kosrae who have completed all of the above.