COM-FSM provides post secondary instructional opportunities to eligible high school students by offering an early admission program for academically talented high school students who are ready to benefit from college and want to enter college in advance of high school graduation.
Students are eligible for early admission if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The student provides a certification either from the high school principal (or his designee) or from a director of a college program working with high school seniors, certifying that the student has a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50.
- The student has successfully completed the eleventh grade.
- The student has satisfied the Committee on RAR recommendation via the COMET, and has been placed into college-level (100) English courses in both reading and writing.
Students enrolled through early admission are not eligible for federal financial aid assistance until a high school diploma or equivalent has been achieved.
Procedure for Early Admission
Applicants must submit to the COM-FSM Office of Admissions, Records and Retention the following in one packet:
- Completed COM-FSM Application for Dual Enrollment.
- Recommendation letter from either the high school principal (or his designee) or a director of a college program working with high school seniors.
- Proof of paying the $10.00 admission fee.
- Official high school transcript.