The Learning Resources Center (LRC) is an instructional component of the College of Micronesia-FSM (COM-FSM). It is composed of an academic and research library; computer information technology services; Curriculum Resources Center; Micronesia/Pacific collection; Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands and COM-FSM archives; United States, United Nations, and Food and Agriculture Organization Government Documents Depository; and Media Instructional Technology Center (MITC).
Mission StatementThe mission of the College of Micronesia-FSM library (including media and instructional technology services) is to serve the students, faculty, staff and other college community members in providing reader, instructional, media and technical services to meet their educational needs and interests and provide opportunities for lifelong learning. In striving to accomplish this, the library has the following goals:
- Provide appropriate technology to enhance learning, instruction, and information retrieval.
- Adequately staff the learning resources facilities and serve users in a professional manner.
- Maintain and develop learning resources services that meet the educational needs and interests of the college community.
- Organize learning resources facilities to ensure accessibility to all in an atmosphere that encourages learning.
- Provide comprehensive, up-to-date collections of diverse media and formats selected in compliance with sound selection guidelines.